Monday, October 13, 2014

Hayden is 12 months old!

I still cannot believe this sweet boy has been in our life for a whole year!  October 11, 2013 was one of the best days of my life.  I had my girl, Landry but in my heart wanted a boy too.  That Friday was one of the longest days of my life!  I had a rough labor with Landry and just knew God would go easy on me this time.  Nope!  After 14 hours of labor, we did an emergency c-section and that almost 9 pound boy popped out screaming and ready to take on the world.  All day I kept telling the nurses that he was our last baby and that he would be the cherry on top of our family sundae.  I wanted to meet him so bad, and then when I finally did, all was right in the world.


Now, 12 months later, I sit here emotional because that sweet little baby has turned into my sweet little man.  

 

Hayden is the best baby!  I tell people all the time that he is the typical second child.  He has the most laidback personality and is so easy going and that makes it so easy on me.  

 

His likes: He loves sleeping, especially with a blanket in his hand.  He loves eating and will pretty much try anything.  He loves his mama!  Right now, I’m his whole world and I love it!  It makes me melt when he sees me and gets a huge smile on his face and crawls right to me.  

 

Milestones: He can wave bye bye, he says “baba” for bottle, he is trying to say Landry but it comes out as “a-de”, he is so close to walking!  He will get a chair and push it pretty far and he can stand on his own for a good 10 seconds, so I don’t think walking is far off.  

 

I went back through my phone and these are my favorite pictures of him from this past year.

 


Hayden-

You will never know how much you mean to this family.  Our world was forever changed the day you entered it.  We love you so much and look forward to the little boy you are becoming.  You are such a sweetheart and so loveable that we can’t help but smile when you are around.  I hope you will always know how much we love and adore you.  

 

Love you little man!

 

-Mama


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, now you have me in tears. Good lord I love little man so very much! I know you say he is the cherry to your sundae, but I believe he his the cherry to our whole family's sundae! Such a perfect addition. I love you both- Ninny