Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Our trip to Houston

On April 8, this guy and I
celebrated nine years of wedded bliss. 

We've decided that every five years we are going to take a big trip and then the in-between years we will just do a small weekend away.  I love being able to get away with just Tim.  I've been in love with this guy for many years and being alone with him just solidifies why I love him so much. 
He makes me laugh like no one else can and I love the way he looks at me and makes me feel like I'm the prettiest girl in the room.  He lets me be loud and the star of the show and never complains or makes anything about him.  He's a rock star husband, that's for sure. 

We went to Houston the weekend before our anniversary and had such a great time.  We actually stayed in The Woodlands.  I love this town!  It was so cute and had the prettiest trees. 

On the way down there, I made Tim stop at Buc-ees so I could get my favorite road trip snack, Beaver nuggets.  Tim had never had them before, but they were all gone by the time we left to come home.  That's how much we loved them. 

We decided on Saturday morning to go to a matinee movie.  We never really get to go to the movies and our favorite franchise is the Fast and Furious movies.  I have a long time crush on Paul Walker (RIP), and these movies are mine and Tim's favorites.  Every time they come out, we go and see it. 

The main reason for us going to Houston was for a wedding.  About five years ago, I moved departments at SWA and I moved into a department heavily dominated by men.  There were only a handful of women in our area so we all became friends really quickly.  One of the girls that worked in that department was Lauren.  She was right around my age and blonde, so we became fast friends.  I love this girl so much.  She is one of the sweetest people I know.  We actually ended up sharing an office right around the time I became pregnant with Hayden, and because I was sick, she was one of the first people outside family to know about him.  She got married the weekend before our anniversary so we made it our weekend away.  Perfect timing! 

We had such a great time together.  I love these times just him and I.

No comments: