Tuesday, November 3, 2015

First day of First Grade

I still cannot believe that Landry is in first grade. I feel like I blinked and she went from my tiny newborn to my tall first grader. It's true what they say "the days are long, but the years are short". 

Landry was so excited about first grade. The Thursday before she started we went up to the school and found out who her teacher was and met her and got to see her classroom. We love her teacher. I cannot say enough nice things about her. Last year Landrys teacher was seasoned and she was perfect for her. This year she got a young teacher who is pregnant and Landry thinks that is so cool. I can still remember all of my elementary school teachers and I had some good ones. I hope Landry can look back and say the same thing. 

On that Friday before school started I wanted to do something special with just her and I so I took her to lunch and to see a movie. I love this girl of mine. She's spunky, she knows what she wants and how to get it and she has such a handle on things already. 

After the movie I let her put on her swimsuit and say "goodbye" to summer officially 

Monday morning she couldn't sleep. We had her outfit picked out and when I got up she was dressed and ready to go 

Hayden and I walked her to her class. I think he thought we were leaving him too. He stood in line with her waiting to go in. It was the cutest thing!



I have a feeling this year is going to be great!

1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I cannot believe our babies are in the first grade!! It's crazy!