Monday, April 25, 2016

Galveston weekend

So a few months ago my parents mentioned booking a little house in Galveston for a weekend. We happened to be free so I invited myself and the kids to go. Tim just got a new job and didn't think he could take off so it was just us five going. 

I love Galveston. It's just far enough away to feel like a vacation and it has great food and plus, the beach! 

We got Landry out of school early Friday and headed that way. Four hours later we arrived to one of our favorite houses to stay at. It's right across the street from the beach and has these big chairs to look right at the ocean at. 

I was so excited to spend some time with my girl!

Saturday morning we got up and had coffee and breakfast and then headed out for the day. We planned to go on the dolphin tour. We've done this before but before kids so I was anxious to see how they liked it. 

They ended up loving it. Both just sat watching the water and looking for the dolphins. 


I love these three. My parents are so fun! They are always up for anything. 

We got to see lots of dolphins. They would pop up every so often. 

After the boat tour we headed to a new place for lunch. We tend to eat at the same restaurants there, but we noticed a new spot across from our house. It had this huge chair and the kids loved playing on it. 


A boy and his Pop. He loves my dad so much!

After lunch we did something we never said we would. Landry had been begging us to ride those four person bikes you see all over. We kind of knew how it would go down, but we tried anyways. 

Thirty minutes later we were all huffing and puffing and decided we had had enough! 

We went back and all took a long nap! For dinner we went to one of our favorite places to eat. We sat outside and it was so nice. Sunday morning we headed down to the beach just to get our feet in and walk on the sand. 
I love this picture I got. These are my babies. My little loves. They both love the beach and they might fight like cats and dogs but they sure do love each other!

Such a fun weekend spent with my people. It has me ready for summer to get here!

2 comments:

Laurie S said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Love the picture of all the dolphins jumping about! Aren't they wonderful creatures... And that HUGE chair on the deck --- practically swallows anyone who sits in it! Have a good week!

Mix and Match Mama said...

What a wonderful weekend!! Such gorgeous pictures of my favorite people!